Why Choose Watertite Gas Fire Installation In Bristol
When it comes to expertise in gas fireplace installations and repairs in Bristol you need look no further than Watertite Plumbing & Heating. Our extensive knowledge covers every aspect of putting in a new gas fire, from preparation, installation through to safety testing, repairs and replacements. We have a proven track record in excellence and safety and take a lot of pride in providing an excellent and friendly service on every single job we go out to.
If you’re in the Bristol area and need a new gas fire installed, or are having problems with your existing gas fire, then why not give us a call on 01179 093 967.
Alternatively, you can drop us an email at email@example.com
Gas Fire Installations in Bristol
Every home needs a source of heat, especially during those cold winter nights. There are three choices of heat source you can have in your home. These are a boiler, a heat pump or a fireplace. Of course, often people will opt for a fireplace as well as another means of central heating run off a boiler.
Despite the aesthetic appeal of conventional wood fireplaces studies have shown that they produce harmful emissions and are extremely bad for the environment, affecting air safety levels, especially in built-up areas.
This problem is easily solved by a gas fireplace, which can be just as attractive as a conventional wood fireplace. These can be installed in any new home with a gas supply or as a replacement to an existing fireplace.
Gas fireplaces provide more convenience and control than a conventional wood fire, as demonstrated by the following features:
- Gas fires only require a gas supply to run so there’s no need to store logs and timber for burning.
- The intensity of gas fires can be controlled accurately using a simple dial.
- Gas fires are easier to clean with no wood chips or ashes to clean.
- Gas fires don’t require a chimney meaning you have far more control over where to install them.
- Gas fires are far safer than wood fires as tempered or ceramic glass seals the combustion.
If you are unsure whether a gas fireplace is suitable for your home, the team here at Watertite Plumbing & Heating can help you find the answers you are looking for.
Types of Gas Fire Installation Services in Bristol
Gas fire installations should only be carried out by a qualified gas safe registered engineer. At Watertite Plumbing & Heating, all our engineers are certified gas safe and are highly experienced in all types of gas fire installation (they’re also very friendly as well).
We provide installation and replacement services for the following types of gas fireplaces and venting for your home:
- Inserts & Natural Draft Venting – commonly used to convert conventional wood fireplaces. A glass front will be placed to secure the gas fireplace and a metal trim to seal it. This type of gas fireplace makes use of existing chimneys.
- Zero-Clearance Direct-Vent Gas Fireplace – installed as a completely new fireplace. There is a firebox where a pipe is connected to successfully draw combustion air. Another pipe that is installed on a wall outside exhausts emissions.
- Free-Standing Gas Fireplaces – this type of gas fireplace are suspended from the floor. All its surfaces are exposed to the room for a more efficient provision of heat.
Each type of gas fireplace has its own space and physical requirements. Each also has its equipment advantages and disadvantages, as well as installation costs. The best type of gas fireplace for your home will depend on several factors, such as the purpose of your gas fire, the space available, venting options and your budget.
Complete Gas Fire Installation and Replacement in Bristol
At Watertite Plumbing & Heating, we can give you a free consultation over the phone, regarding the type of gas fire is best for your home. We can explain the differences between the gas fireplaces available and also answer any questions you may have.
Our team of engineers is certified and experienced in the safe installation and replacement of gas fireplaces. They are trained in site surveying and assessment, preparation for installation, and of course, installation of all new gas fire equipment.
We ensure that all of our installation services are done in full compliance with existing UK Gas Health and Safety Regulations.
To find out more, why not give us a call today on 01179 093 967 or drop us an email.