How many of you are considering installing the latest technology? ….
With every passing month something new hits the market to improve the efficiency in our homes. There are a variety of different devices on the market and choosing the right one for your home and system can be a minefield.
The latest models are vastly improved on from the first generation, the basic aim for nearly all Smart Meters is to control your heating in the most efficient way possible.
They can be set to a pattern that works specifically for you and there are some models that will predict your needs and set accordingly. If you are internet savvy, then there is a model for you that can be set through Wi-Fi from anywhere in the world!
A new Smart Meter will not only make your home more efficient, it will save you money and reduce your carbon footprint, definitely something we should all be considering in these economic times and with it having been proven that Global Warming is having an adverse effect on our eco system and the planets future well being, it’s truly something we should all be looking into.
So if you are thinking of upgrading your heating system and like the idea of it all being controlled from one device, then take the time and read our recommendations below.
Check out our favourites here at Watertite ….
Hive Active Heating 2 – from British Gas
- This can be accessed easily from anywhere using the App or web tool
- Is very simple to control with only a few buttons and a dial
- With ‘geofencing‘ it allows you to set home and away temperature, totally dependant on your location
- The App will also send you messages, should the heating be turned up whilst no one is at home
- Provides frost protection to keep your pipes from freezing
- Has a holiday mode to keep the temperatures low for an extended time whilst you are away
- It also has the facility to heat your water and make that more efficient as well
It can also work if you have a ‘Zone‘ heating system, provided the radiators have been set. The only downsides for this Smart Meter is that it doesn’t have a learning capability to change temperatures automatically without your intervention and the cost, at well over £200 it may be considered pretty expensive by many.
- Has the capability to learn how your home heats and cools, so it can provide the right temperature at the right time
- Will provide all the features that the Hive has, as well as a few of it’s own
- Can be controlled through the App to change your schedule
- Easy to use and aesthetically pleasing
The Nest is by far the most popular Smart Meter out there. It can learn when you want your home temperature raised and lowered and will take this chore over for you!
It’s also clever enough to be used with other Apps and systems, such as August Locks and Big Ass Fans and for those of you with a Mercedes-Benz car, it can be compatible with the system and run from the car!
Again, it’s not the cheapest option out there but it has a good reputation and it’s ease of use, speaks volumes.
- Similar in many ways to the Nest but there are some differences
- It includes geofencing which lets the system know when you have left the house
- It also has the a button that you touch to let the system know you are leaving the house
- Proximity sensor adjusting the brightness on the controls
- It also detects when the last person has left the house
- Compatible with Apple HomeKit
Installation is fairly simple, again in the region of £200 and doesn’t need an expert to install it. Honeywell being the company they are, also have a more robust model if you feel you need something a little stronger.
If you are thinking of installing a new Smart Meter, and are prepared to spend somewhere between £200-£300 to improve the efficiency of your home and to a have guilt free conscience, then it’s time to consider installing the latest technology.
So why not give us a call here at Watertite and we can discuss your needs and advise you of the right meter to suit you.
That’s all for now folks!